We haven’t come across a more perfect theme for writers than Literatum. The design is clean, focusing the reader’s eyes on the words. Plus it has a whole host of features that makes it easy to bring those words to life. For instance, every article’s word count can be displayed automatically to give your readers an idea how long it’ll take them to read.- WPMUDEV
Attention! Huge update in version 2.0.0
Literatum has been re-coded and re-designed from scratch in the version 2.0.0! Some of the new features are:
- Improved video covers: You can use Youtube urls for video covers now. Also, the video covers are now integrated with the WP video support.
- Multi-author: Now it’s possible to indicate more than one author for posts.
- Custom template system: The templates now can be interchangeable between WP objects (posts, pages, users), every template has his own options/features that can be modified in his section inside Preferences -> Customize. Also you can define one template for every post now. (and, internally, this facilitate the creation of new templates )
- New system of typography: The typography has been improved to maintain a compact style in the entire page and simplify the configuration for the user, you can define the typefaces and sizes for basic elements.
- New color system is used internally, this will facilitate the use of “color templates” in the future.
- Format tags in post titles and post subtitles: You can use format tags in the post titles and subtitles.
- AJAX Navigation animations: Now you have available a series of transition effects for AJAX navigation.
New and old version are included in the download. Some options would be lost in the update, so it’s recommended to make a backup before.
Literatum is a perfect theme for writers and online journals/magazines that are looking to display their articles in a clean and modern way, with an easy navigation and focusing the reader?s attention on the content.
All Literatum configuration options are integrated and use native WordPress functions for ease the managing, avoiding struggle in dealing with third complex configuration panels that become obsolete over time. This makes it a perfect theme for both advanced and beginners WordPress users.
Some highlights are:
Dynamic Navigation (AJAX): AJAX Navigation can be activated with just one click to accelerate and approach the navigation throughout the website.
Custom author avatar: Every author can upload an avatar to display on their profile page from the administration site.
Featured images for every category: You can link an image with every category of the site. This image is displayed on the top of the category site.
Video covers for posts (version 1.2.2+): You can upload a video file to display it in the place of the featured image of the post. Check it out ( In this case its a mp4 video so with Google Chrome better. No mobile )
Category templates: You can easily set up the design you want to display the items in every different category of the site. Literatum includes two different templates expandable for future upgrades.
- Example: Simple list of articles.
- Example: Articles in 3 columns.
- More category templates coming soon?
Read time: Literatum can automatically count how many words has every article to give to the reader an idea of its length and time it will take to read it.
Third party comments (version 1.2.5+): You can use third-party comment systems in your articles. Literatum comes with integrated support for Disqus and Facebook Comments.
Compatible with Aesop Story Engine plugin (version 1.3.5+): Combine Literatum with Aesop Story Engine to convert your articles in interactive stories beautifully awesome. You can create parallax content, full-width videos and images, podcasts, chapters, timelines, etc. Check this example! Literatum is compatible with Aesop version 1.2.1. Compatibility with upper versions it is not guaranteed, sorry.
Deprecated in version 2! Combined CSS: Literatum combines automatically all the different stylesheets into one. This makes the site loading faster and helps to ease the management of styles while maintaining the stylesheets separated and organized internally in the theme folder. See image.
Interview support: You can convert every article in an interview by adding questions and answers through interview buttons that come with the theme and appear in the content editor.
Icons: Literatum imports a custom typeface that display icons anywhere on the page and let you manipulate them easily as if they were a text. You can easily accompany the site menus and content of the articles with any of these over 400 icons by adding them as it is explained in the documentation. See image.
Designed for social networks: Every Literatum item contains the corresponding metadata to ease the sharing on the major social networks like Facebook or Twitter. Fully prepared for Twitter Cards.
Translatable into any language (includes English and Spanish).
Custom CSS field included so you can overwrite the style of any element only entering the corresponding CSS code through the admin site.
Author?s contact field included. Every author can add their Twitter and Facebook username and will appear on the profile. Besides, these contact data will be also used when any visitor shares an article on the social networks.
Responsive, to adapt articles to any device and to be read from anywhere without losing legibility.