When it comes to eCommerce on-page SEO, every little detail matters. Properly optimized on-page SEO elements, absence of duplicate content, a well-built site architecture, navigation, and internal linking — all that contributes to higher rankings in SERPs.
Doing everything manually can take ages. This is where SEO Suite Ultimate, an all-in-one SEO extension for Magento 2, comes in handy. The toolkit perfectly handles a wide scope of on-page SEO activities: from weeding out duplicate content and enhancing site indexation to optimizing any type of ULRs and big amounts of metadata. The extension also comes with the advanced HTML and XML sitemaps, cross-linking, SEO redirects and advanced rich snippets functionality.
Identical or similar content is a huge NO for search engines. If your pages have duplicates, this may negatively influence your site rankings because search engines don’t know which variant of the content to show. With Canonical URLs, you help search engines identify which page is the original one (canonical) in relation to the duplicated content. Thus, you can detect and cure duplicate content issues.
- Add canonical URLs to any page or product (bundle, configurable, etc.)
- Set a (custom) cross-domain canonical (to handle duplicate content across different websites)
- Add a trailing slash to canonical URLs
- Use pagination for category canonicals (instead of the default site.com/page you will get site.com/page?p=2)
- Add the rel=next/prev tag (to send users to the most relevant page/URL)
- Point pages of layered navigation to the category itself or any filtered page (thus, Google will index all LN pages and not only the first one site.com/page)
- Disable canonical URLs for pages with NOINDEX robots
- Set the canonical tag if any layered navigation filter uses multiple selections
Crawling & Indexing
Control how search engine spiders crawl and index your website. Direct them to the important pages and restrict them from the ones you want to keep unseen.
- Specify Robots Meta Header for the https pages or any extra pages
- Configure Robots Meta Header for pages without content
- Set the # of LN filters to exclude from indexation
Quickly and easily build any number of internal and external links. Proper internal linking helps to improve website navigation and spread the ranking power across the website. While external linking helps to place inbound links from relevant and trusted sites with related content. The extension helps conveniently select the target cross-links entities from the category and product grid.
- Use cross-links on different page types: product, category or CMS pages
- Specify internal links for different Store Views
- Equip keywords with a link to a relevant site page (be it a product or a CMS page)
- Link any targeted keyword by the Category ID or Product SKU
- Define the maximum number of keyword replacements per page
- Set replacement priority of any keyword
- Replace the targeted keywords with links to external relevant websites
Product SEO Templates
Optimizing metadata elements of an eCommerce website can be quite a challenge. Also, you can use the list of attributes to optimize short and extended product descriptions on your website. SEO templates can be applied to any chosen product, collection of products or product attribute sets. Even more, you can mix several attributes with the Attribute Randomized. With SEO templates, you can create metadata for a big amount of store pages in a mouse click and apply them to the:
- Product page meta title
- Meta description
- Meta keywords
- Product URL-keys
- Product SEO-name
Category SEO Templates
With SEO Suite Ultimate you can generate advanced SEO templates to quickly and easily optimize:
- Category meta title
- Meta description
- Full category description
- Category SEO name
Once generated, the templates can be applied to any chosen category or a selection of targeted categories. All SEO templates can be automatically generated with Magento Cron, test-applied and assigned to different Store Views and mixed with an Attribute Randomizer.
Layered Navigation (Category Filters) Templates
You can easily make any page filtered by Layered Navigation filters SEO-optimized. These functions will help you extend your site architecture, and get more pages optimized for long-tail and specific search queries. For each category filter page, you can specify a meta title, meta description, meta keywords, and a full-page description. On top of this, you can define a priority of any attribute in the layered navigation block.
SEO Suite Ultimate now allows you to add meta title and meta keywords & description options for a specific attribute VALUE in order to appear on the pages filtered by specific attributes.
Hreflang Tags Support
Tell search engines which language you are using on certain pages. Avoid duplicate content issues, by informing Google about alternate versions of the original page.
- Specify alternate URLs scope (global or website)
- Apply hreflang tags on any product/ category/ CMS page
- Use the default Language Code or set it manually
- Add X-default hreflang tag to the non-localized pages
- Connect localized pages by the ID/ URL key/ hreflang attribute
Extended Rich Snippets
Reach higher CTRs with eye-catching search results. Display price, ratings, stock availability and other attributes to stand out from your competitors and catch customer attention.
- Add product data markup (ratings/reviews, stock, price, SKU, etc)
- Create rich snippets for category pages
- Implement breadcrumbs markup tags
- Use Twitter Cards and OpenGraph (for more compelling social media results)
- Implement Organizations markup (location, name, description, contacts, price range, image, etc)
- Provide Website/ Page info (name and description).
- BETA: Our extension adds the beta support for the recently added speakable markup.
Make pagination pages absolutely search engine friendly. Enable SEO-friendly URLs for them, set the format of the pager URL key, specify how the ‘page’ is defined in the pager URL and add pager number to meta title/ description.
SEO For Layered Navigation Pages
Layered Navigation pages usually create thousands of duplicate content URLs with the same page titles/ descriptions. With SEO Suite Ultimate it’s possible to make pages filtered by layered navigation search engine friendly. For every category LN page you can:
- Add extended meta title and description on category LN pages
- Include any attribute to the LN title and meta description
- Apply canonical tags to any category LN page
- Set NOINDEX, FOLLOW robot meta tags for category LN pages
- Add filters counter to the NOINDEX, FOLLOW meta robots on LN pages
- Set meta robots for any attribute/ attributes combinations in the LN
When you need to solve broken URLs issues, update the CMS platform, change the website design or move to a new domain – SEO redirects is a must. Thus, you will save the rankings and send customers to the relevant pages, instead of the 404 not found one.
- Specify the redirect type: 301 moved permanently or 302 found
- Set the time period to keep redirects on site
- Add the default redirects to the product category or priority category
- Easily manage all redirects in one place
Custom SEO Redirects
Set custom 301 and 302 redirects FROM/TO any Product / Category / CM