PublishPress Authors allows you to show an author box at the end of your posts. This author box can display one author, coauthors, multiple authors or even guest authors. This box has the author’s name, avatar, description and more. You can also place the author box in widgets, shortcodes and Gutenberg blocks.
Here are the three most important features of PublishPress Authors:
- Author Box. As soon as you install PublishPress Authors, you’ll see an author box under every post. You can add all the profile details you need for each author.
- Multiple Authors. By default, WordPress only allows one author per post. PublishPress Authors allows you to add an unlimited number of authors to each post. This is very useful if you have a busy site and need to manage and give credit to coauthors.
- Guest Authors. You can create Guest Authors who don’t have an account on your site. This is important because not all writers need a username and password.
PUBLISHPRESS AUTHORS PRO
Upgrade to Authors Pro
This plugin is the free version of the PublishPress Authors plugin. The Pro version comes with all the features you need to create beautiful and useful author profiles. Click here to purchase the best premium WordPress author box plugin now!
ADD MULTIPLE AUTHORS AND CO-AUTHORS TO YOUR POSTS
With PublishPress Authors, you can set multiple authors for each post. When you write a post, you’ll see a box in the right sidebar. Here you can choose from all the users on your site, and assign them as coauthors.
On the frontend of your site. PublishPress Authors gives you several different options to display the authors’ box:
- Replacing the default author display.
- At the bottom of your content.
- In a widget or a Gutenberg block.
- Using shortcodes.
- Adding filters and actions in your template files.
ADD GUEST AUTHORS WITH NO WORDPRESS ACCOUNT
Using PublishPress Authors, you can create Guest Authors who don’t need an account on your site. PublishPress will treat Guest Authors identically to Authors who are linked users.
You will be able to select and display Guest Authors in exactly the same way as for registered users. Each Guest Author can have a full profile, plus an avatar, and their own archive page for blog posts.
MULTIPLE LAYOUT OPTIONS FOR AUTHOR BIO PROFILES
PublishPress Authors provides five default ways to display the author profiles on your site. In the PublishPress Authors settings you can choose from these layouts:
- Simple list
- Inline with Avatars
CUSTOM FIELDS FOR AUTHOR PROFILES (PRO VERSION)
PublishPress Authors Pro enables you to create author fields and enhance your author profiles. You can add Text, WYSIWYG, Link and email address fields. Then you can place those author fields in author bio profiles using custom layouts.
CUSTOM LAYOUTS FOR AUTHOR PROFILES (PRO VERSION)
PublishPress Authors enables you to build custom layouts for your author bio profiles. Using all your author information and custom fields, you can design beautiful layouts for your authors. Each layout is editable using HTML and PHP. You can add many different types of author information to these layouts including custom fields.