UpVote is the perfect if you want to create site like Reddit, Hacker News, Growth Hackers and other similar sites using WordPress.
UpVote theme is powered by a custom-build plugin that will enable registered users to submit url (in UpVote we called it story) and the theme can automatically fetch the post title, featured image and description from the link, as long as the url support Open Graph.
Users can register to UpVote using WordPress default registration form or simply login using Facebook and Twitter oauth. They can later submit new story (url) or vote on existing stories.
Test the Demo Site
NOTE: The theme stores the story post inside a new custom post type called “story”. The vote button will only work on ‘story’ post type.
- Enable registered users to submit url to the site
- Unlimited colors and typography
- Powerful theme options panel
- Facebook and Twitter login
- Support Google ReCaptcha
- User can edit their profile, password or request new password right from the front-end
- User dashboard
- Voting system
- Facebook Comment support
- Report Story feature
- Trending Stories bar
- Recommended Stories
- Trending Tags
- Auto-complete tags in Submit Story page
- Custom page templates and widgets
- Popular, Trending and Recent stories shortcodes
- Responsive layout
- Translation support
- XML demo data