WooCommerce Constant Contact
The WooCommerce Constant Contact integration lets you signup customers to your Constant Contact email lists during checkout. Use the included widget to add a signup form to other areas of your site and start building your email list today.
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard
- Goto Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click Install Now, and then Activate
- Click the Configure link and read the next section to learn how to setup and configure the plugin.
Setup and Configuration
These instructions on obtaining API keys are for the v1 API.
To get started, go here and login with your Constant Contact username and password:
Next, click the link to request a new API key:
Now, enter your website address for the display name, your email for the technical contact, and enter “WordPress/WooCommerce Integration” for the Application Description. You may leave the rest of the fields blank.
Submit the form, and check the box on the next page to agree to the terms, then hit “Request an API Key”:
Then paste it into the API Key text box under WooCommerce > Settings > Constant Contact:
Now enter your Constant Contact username and password and hit “Save Settings”. You should see the email lists from your Constant Contact account appear in the “Email List” box. Select which email list you want customers’ email addresses to be added to when they sign up at checkout. Click “Save Settings” and you’re done! Read on to learn more about the settings and other extension features.
- Subscribe Checkbox Label – This is the text that appears to the signup checkbox on checkout, which by default looks like:
- Subscribe Checkbox Default – Choose whether the signup checkbox is checked or unchecked by default.
- Email List – Choose the Constant Contact email list that email addresses will be added to when a customer has opted in during checkout.
- ConstantContact.com Username – This is the username that you use to log into constantcontact.com.
- ConstantContact.com Password – This is the password that you use to log into constantcontact.com.
- API Key – This is the API key obtained by following the process detailed above.
- Debug Mode – Turn this on if you are having issues. Any errors will be logged to the WooCommerce error log, which you can submit along with a support ticket.
By default, a checkbox will be added to the checkout page that will add the email address used by the customer (their billing email address) to the Constant Contact list specified in the admin settings:
Order Received Signup
A message is also added to the “Order Received” page with a button that will add the customer to the email list. This is displayed so that customers who might have missed the signup checkbox on the checkout page have an opportunity to sign up, and so that customers who have checked out using a payment gateway like PayPal Express (which completely skips the checkout page) also have an opportunity to signup. You can control the content of this message by using the filters detailed below.
Widget Signup Form
You can also add a widget anywhere on your site (go to Appearance > Widgets and look for “WooCommerce Constant Contact”) that will display a signup form