Easily and securely accept credit cards and eChecks using Authorize.Net
The Authorize.Net extension provides one of the most advanced integrations for WooCommerce while providing the security and reliability that comes with using Authorize.Net for payment processing. Let your customers save their credit cards and bank accounts to their WooCommerce account for fast and easy checkout. Includes full support for WooCommerce Subscriptions, WooCommerce Pre-Orders, and Accept.js. Start using the most advanced WooCommerce payment gateway today!
Authorize.Net is one of the most popular payment processors around for a reason: they offer easy, safe, and affordable credit card and eCheck processing. This Authorize.Net payment gateway integration lets you take advantage of several features offered by Authorize.Net, such as customer profiles, card tokenization, and eCheck processing.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway extension allows you to keep the customer on your site for the checkout process, allowing you maximum control over checkout so that you can test and implement the most effective experience for your store. An SSL is required for PCI compliance due to the direct checkout to ensure that your customers’ credit card information is secure.
Why Authorize.Net is right for your store:
- Accept international transactions from customers worldwide
- Process refunds / voids automatically from within WooCommerce
- Capture prior authorized transactions right from the WooCommerce edit order screen
- Automatically capture transactions when order status changes to a paid status NEW
- Includes Accept.js from Authorize.Net for improved security, meeting PCI SAQ A-EP compliance standards – no additional setup required!
- Accepts eChecks with optional Authorize.Net eCheck account
- Display customizer authorization confirmation messages for eCheck transactions
- Customers can securely save their payment method to their account for easier checkout
- Updated payment form at checkout with retina icons
- Mobile-friendly checkout with numerical inputs for card type and security code
- Customers can add saved payment methods to their accounts without going through checkout
- Customers can add a nickname for a saved payment method to make checkout even smoother NEW
- Customers never leave your site during checkout
- Show detailed decline messages at checkout instead of generic errors
- Force charges for orders with only virtual items instead of authorizing them NEW
- Full Support for WooCommerce Subscriptions
- Full Support for WooCommerce Pre-Orders
- Accepts all Major Credit Cards / Debit Cards – Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, Diner’s Club, JCB
Simple, seamless checkout
Using the Authorize.Net extension allows you to decide what your checkout process will look like, while keeping the customer on your site for the entire process. This gives you maximum control over this experience, providing a simple checkout process for the user and maximum customizability for the business owner.
Mobile checkout is enhanced as well, offering automated card formatting and numerical (
tel type) fields for easier input.
You can now opt to show detailed decline messages to your customers, no more “an error occurred” error messages!
Authorize.Net includes Accept.js support for improved security in credit card payment processing! Customer credit card information is no longer sent directly through your server and instead is handled directly by Authorize.Net, meeting the lower level PCI SAQ A-EP compliance level. The customer doesn’t see a difference in the checkout process, but payment data is more secure behind the scenes. Best of all, the Authorize.Net plugin gathers the required information on your behalf, so there’s no additional setup required.
You can learn more about Accept.js here.
Support for automatic refunds & voids
Shop employees can now process refunds for an order paid for with Authorize.Net directly from within WooCommerce — no more logging into your merchant account to process refunds! Speed up your store management by creating full or partial refunds from the “Edit Order” screen and sending the transaction automatically to Authorize.Net by clicking “Refund via Credit Card”.
If the transaction has not been captured or settled, a transaction void will be performed automatically instead to cancel the order.
Securely save customer payment methods
Customers can easily & securely save multiple payment methods to their account for faster checkout, which are displayed in unified “My Payments” section of their account. Payment data is stored on Authorize.Net’s secure servers, so your responsibility for PCI compliance is significantly reduced. There’s no limit to the number of payment methods a customer can store on their account, and both credit cards and eChecks are supported.
Customers can also change their active payment method, add payment methods, and remove payment methods from the My Account page. The “Add Payment Method” workflow is seamless and tokenizes card information for future use without requiring the customer to go through checkout!