Transform WooCommerce into an online catalog by removing eCommerce functionality
Wait, what? Remove eCommerce functionality? It may sound strange but when you think about it, if you take out the cart, checkout process and ‘buy now’ buttons, WooCommerce is actually the perfect platform upon which to showcase a catalog of products which aren’t currently for sale online. The added beauty of this solution is that when you do want to start selling, you can do so with the flick of a switch.
But this extension does much more than that. Rather than just taking the entire store offline, you also have the option restrict it to users who are logged in.
You can also configure messages to replace the price / add to cart button components or just remove them completely.
In a nutshell:
- Provides the ability to hide prices, or show prices only to authenticated users.
- Provides the ability to disable e-commerce functionality by disabling the cart.
- Allows configuration of alternate price content, when prices are disabled or shown only to logged in users.
- Allows configuration of alternate add-to-cart content, when e-commerce functionality is disabled or only available to authenticated users.
- Hide pricing to comply with Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) rules.