The Worldpay payment gateway allows you accept credit card payments via a secure, hosted payment page without needing an SSL certificate on your WooCommerce store. The payment process takes place in a single tab, for a seamless user journey.
Worldpay handles all major payment methods, debit cards and credit cards, including Diners, MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Maestro and JCB. After completing payment, the order is confirmed and the customer is taken to a Thank You page on your site.
Installation and Updating
For a new installation please review our extension installation guide
If you need to update the extension you can do this from your WordPress admin if you have connected the site to WooCommerce.com, you can read more about that here
You can also update manually by downloading the latest version from your WooCommerce account
Once you have the zip file downloaded you should deactivate and delete the existing version from your WordPress plugins page and then install the new version using the upload option. You will not lose any settings or data by updating this way.
Setup and Configuration
Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Worldpay.
Add the Installation ID, supplied by Worldpay, to your settings in WooCommerce. You should create a Payment Response password. Using the MD5 secret is recommended. Once entered you should save the settings.
If you are using Worldpay with WooCommerce Subscriptions (Worldpay call this FuturePay) or if you want to be able to process refunds from your WooCommerce admin then you will need to enter a Remote Administration Installation ID and Remote Administration Installation Password. These are provided by Worldpay, you will need to request them, they are not issued by default when you apply for an account.
Enter the settings from your WooCommerce settings page and select the boxes indicated.
- Change ‘Store-builder used’ to ‘Other’
- Set ‘store-builder: if other – please specify’ as ‘WooCommerce’
- ‘Payment Response URL’ will be found in your WooCommerce settings for the gateway plugin. Make sure you copy this exactly as it is shown.
- Tick ‘Payment Response enabled?’
- Tick ‘Enable Recurring Payment Response’
- Tick ‘Enable the Shopper Response’
- ‘Payment Response password’ needs to be set using the same value from your WooCommerce settings
- ‘MD5 secret for transactions’ needs to be set using the same value from your WooCommerce settings – if you have left it blank in your WooCommerce settings then you can leave it blank here.
- ‘SignatureFields’ needs to be set using the same value from your WooCommerce settings – if you have left the MD5 secret blank in your WooCommerce settings then you can leave this blank.